Monday, February 2, 2009

I can't believe it...

After finding out I was pregnant I can't tell you that I was totally excited or more in shock thinking ok was this the right decision for us? I still can tell you that Im super scared and am wondering what in the world are we getting ourselves into.

Our big ultrasound was today at 2:00 here in Fillmore and I can't tell you how nervous and stressed out I was all day. My head was pounding not even my caffeine would settle it and I didn't realize it was stress until the lady I worked with told me thats probably what it was from....I left work and met Greg and his mom out at the hospital where I got right in which was nice because I hate waiting....still nervous thinking he might tell me something was wrong with the baby he didn't so that was nice. He pointed out different things like the heart, the brain, the feet, the arms....and then he pointed out the TURTLE. Yes I said the turtle, he asked us if we seen the turtle looking thing right there and we said yes and he said you know what the means..we both said no -- he said well that means your having a baby BOY! yes I said BOY and yes he referred it to a TURTLE.

Having only girls in my family I have to tell you I was set on having another one making this the 6th and had convinced Greg it was a girl as well. I have to admit that I have cried on and off all day not knowing what in the world I am going to do with a TURTLE, I think tonight I will probably have nightmares about TURTLES. Seriously who refers it to that!

But as for the morale of the story, the Dr. said I have a 100% healthy baby boy growing inside and when it comes down to it thats all that matters! Wish me luck, I will need it!

19 comments:

Lance and Sally Sagers said...

Oh, I am so excited for you. I even had a bunch of girl clothes bought for my first, thinking it would for sure be a girl but sure enough, the ultrasound showed a... turtle (I have never heard that before, too funny) and now with two boys I couldn't imagine anything else, you'll get used to the idea, i promise. Good Luck, you are going to have so much fun!

Miller Family said...

jaime, I am so excited for you. You will be an absolute wonderful mother....even to a baby turtle. LOL that is too funny he called it that. Hope things are going good for you. Call me when you come through next time or the next or the next BUT be sure to call one of them!
-mandi

Finlinson's said...

I had no idea you were even pregnant. That is so awesome! You guys will be wonderful and fun loving parents. And I have never heard it called a turtle how funny is that!!! Best of Luck to you both

Me said...

Jaime!! I had no idea! That is awesome!! I was wondering if you guys would wait or add another one to the clan, and a boy no less, what will you guys do with a boy, after all those cute girls! You will figure it out I am sure! Just make sure that "turtle" is covered, you don't want to get sprayed.. :) Gongrats cuz!

The Stefanoff's said...

I can help you with your TURTLE for sure :) We call them WIZARDS at our place... WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! Hope all is well!

LOVE YA!!

Nat and Jason

tHe tHaYeRs said...

Congrats Jaime!!! I didn't know you were expecting! Little boys are so fun! You will do awesome!

Mandi said...

Jaime,
I love it. That is so funny. Boys are so amazing and you are going to be a amazing mom. I can't wait for Bunco. It is February 11, 2009 at 6:30 at my house If you can email me your address and I will send you and Invite..See ya soon. Mandi Stefanoff

Shai said...

That is so cool! So when is your due date? Mine is July 17th and I don't find out what I'm having for like 2 more weeks or so. Thats cool that you are having a boy! I am way excited for you!!!

The Huntsman's said...

Turtle? Thats too funny.. You will love having a little boy it will keep you and Greg on your toes, they never stop!

The Bryan Family said...

Yay Jaime, I am so excited for you. I love boys. Kael has been so fun and let me tell you they are all boy. The things they do crack you up. You and Greg will be the cutest parents ever. Good luck!

StubbsFamily said...

Yea, what is the Nelson family going to to do with a "BOY"
I am so happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! I am soo excited for you. You will have to keep me posted on everything.

cassie said...

Jaime
Congratulations! your going to be a great mom. Boys are so much fun. They can be a handfull but its worth it. So when are you due? I'm so excited for you. Good luck and keep us posted

The Lovells said...

Congratulations! That is awesome and I am sure your parents are stoked to get a boy. Also..Turtle? What kind of Doctor are you going too? That is a little odd but makes for a good story!

Melz Spot said...

Jaime, what the heck are you doing? Are you trying to save money by going to the vet?! KIDDING of course....seriously, CONGRATS! You'll love having a boy, so laid back and easy-going. Ol' Yertle the Turtle will keep you on your toes for sure (Uhm, with a dad like Greg, would you expect anything different?! ha ha), but you'll love it. Congratulations! And btw, you look MAHVELOUS! (You're probably too young to even know that movie reference!)

Brenda Stevens said...

Hey congrats! I just found your lovely blog> i am so new to this. check us out some time.
Brenda & Blake

Kara said...

Congrats Jaime! That is so cool that you are having the first boy in the your family. After I had Tanna I think I was kind of expecting another girl, and I remember thinking what am I going to do with a boy too, but so far it has all worked out. I seriously cant believe he referred to you baby as a turtle, that is pretty funny. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Jaime!!!
I found your blog through Krista's. I'm so excited for you!! CONGRATS!! I can't even imagine what it's like stressing about all the new things a baby brings! I'm sure you will do just fine with a turtle. LOL

I'm getting married in August so I need your address. Email me so I can get all your info.
triciachesnik@hotmail.com

The Huntsman's said...

You really need to post a picture of you so us out-of-towners can see how cute you look!